[vtkusers] Strange behaviour of tests

liciob at inwind.it liciob at inwind.it
Mon Jul 28 05:54:37 EDT 2003

Hallo everyone
I'm a very new user of vtk libraries. I use a Windows ME system with Visual Studio.
I tried to develope manually the test in the "Exemple/GUI/Win32/vtkMFC/vtkSDI"
following the indications given by the help file. At compile time I have the
error message:

"error C2664: 'SetInput' cannot convert parameter 1 from 'class vtkPolyData' to
'class vtkDataSet'"

The code lines corresponding to this error are:

this->SphereElevation->SetInput(this->sphere->GetOutput())

and

this->gliph->SetInput(this->sphere->GetOutput())

The strange thing is that if I build the project using CMake, and then I compile
it with VisualC, I don't have this problem.
Someone can tell me the reason of this behaviour?

Thanks

Licio

P.S.: I want to apologize for my english.