[vtkusers] Basic Texture Mapping problem

Surajit Nundy nundys at neuro.duke.edu
Thu Jul 24 18:37:40 EDT 2003

Hello,
	I am trying to texture map a .png file onto a vtkPolyDataSource.  I
tried following the example in the user guide:-

fvtkPNGReader->SetFileName("$VTK_DATA_ROOT/Data/vtk.png");
atext->SetInput(fvtkPNGReader->GetOutput());
atext->InterpolateOn();

planeMapper->SetInput(plane->GetOutput());
planeActor->SetMapper(planeMapper);
planeActor->SetTexture(atext);

which builds fine (plane is a vtkPlaneSource), but gives me the
following runtime error:-

ERROR: In
/Users/sn10/Develop/source/VTK/Rendering/vtkOpenGLTexture.cxx, line 148
vtkOpenGLTexture (0x306f8f0): 3D texture maps currently are not
supported!

I am not trying to do 3D texture mapping, just 2D.  Could someone tell
me why this is occurring?  I am using vtk on Mac OS X.

Thanks,
Surajit Nundy