[vtkusers] Image formats

Craig N. Scott craig.scott at csiro.au
Wed Jul 23 18:38:04 EDT 2003

A quick sift through
http://www.vtk.org/doc/release/4.2/html/annotated.html shows that the
following formats should also be supported:

 - PLOT3D     -> vtkPlot3DReader (no writer)
 - STL        -> vtkSTLReader/vtlSTLWriter
 - Unigraphics-> vtkUGFacetReader (no writer)

Some of the formats Mathieu listed as missing do actually appear in the
documentation, so I'm not sure if they are really there or not.

On Thu, 2003-07-24 at 03:53, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> Nabby,
>
> 	Here are the image file formats that VTK can used:
>
> - BMP       -> vtkBMPReader/vtkBMPWriter
> - DEM       -> vtkDEMReader
> - DICOM     -> vtkDICOMImageReader
> - GE Signal -> vtkGESignaReader
> - JPEG      -> vtkJPEGReader/vtkJPEGWriter
> - PNG       -> vtkPNGReader/vtkPNGWriter
> - PNM       -> vtkPNMReader/vtkPNMWriter
> - PS        -> vtkPostScriptWriter
> - SLC       -> vtkSLCReader
> - TIFF      -> vtkTIFFReader/vtkTIFFWriter
>

> - RAW       -> vtkImageReader / vtkVolume16Reader / vtkVolumeReader
>
> HTH
> mathieu
>
> BTW I realized
> http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/vtkfaq?req=show&file=faq03.002.htp
> is not up to date:
>
> Missings:
>
> - vtkCGMWriter
> - vtkEnSight6*
> - vtkIVWriter
> - vtkOBJReader
> - vtkParticleReader
> - vtkPDBReader
> - vtkPLYWriter/vtkPLYReader
> - vtkMoleculeReaderBase ???
> - vtkGaussianCubeReader
> - vtkXYZMolReader
>
> Could someone with FAQ write access make some changes, thanks.
>

> cgarcha wrote:
> > can somebody tell me what kind of image formats can be used with VTK.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Nabby

Dr Craig Scott, CSIRO (CMIS)
Melbourne, Australia