[vtkusers] Re: vtkusers digest, Vol 1 #1961 - 15 msgs

Nico Vermaas vermaas at astron.nl
Tue Jul 22 08:11:19 EDT 2003

> But I don't have a textproperty. If I want to use
> vtkTextProperty, I cannot use vtkFollower... What am I
> missing here ?
>
> or the other way round. How can I use a vtkTextMapper with
> vtkFollower ? Which would be my first choice in handling this...

I think you can calculate your 3d world coords (where you want your text) to 2d screen coords and then use 2d text annotation instead of 3d text annotation. You would not need a follower then, but you will have to recalc the coords and redraw the text every time the Modified() event is called (every time you use the interactor).

I have the same problem, but I will stick with the the 3d annotation. No bold text, but I can change the color of the text because it is a vtkProp3d now with (GetProperty()->SetColor(r,g,b)). Maybe something else can be done with it to make it stand out better, I would be interested to hear any idea's.

Nico