[vtkusers] Rendering only selected renderers

John Biddiscombe john.biddiscombe at mirada-solutions.com
Thu Jul 17 07:15:30 EDT 2003

Janne

If it waa a seperate renderwindow, then the back buffer would still be valid and no update would be required, but because you've got essentially renderers in their own viewports, which are part of the same render context, it all gets wiped when a new render is requested and the 3D image has to be updated too. A kludge would be to copy the screen bits for the 3D region to the new back buffer after wiping, and stop the 3D renderer from re-rendering, by checking if an update is actually required. Quite messy. Better to use seperate renderwindows instead of viewports. Your solution is basically either split into seperat renderwindows, or manually intervene in the deep delvings of the renderers : is there a third way?

JB

RPD : A drag drop front end for vtk
www.skippingmouse.co.uk