[vtkusers] vtkImageReader .raw files

Christos Panagiotou cpanagio at cs.ucl.ac.uk
Tue Jul 15 19:48:25 EDT 2003

hi all

I have a set of raw files and I have a module that is supposed to read them
I have turned the DebugOn for the reader which shows that reads all the
files
The module is supposed to merge them and show a 3D volume
(the module is tested as I have told in the same set of .raw files I
have and is working)

however in my computer it returns the following error:

//reads the last file
Debug: In /home/bellet/rpm/BUILD/VTK/IO/vtkImageReader2.cxx, line 516
vtkImageReader (0x81a8ec8): Initialize: opening file
/home/christos/VIVE02/data/other_raw/head/quarter.93

ERROR: In /home/bellet/rpm/BUILD/VTK/Graphics/vtkPolyDataNormals.cxx,
line 88
vtkPolyDataNormals (0x81aaa20): No data to generate normals for!

------
the thing  is that I am developing with vtk under linux
does anybody know if the fact that i am under linux might be the probem
(files might have been created under windows)
and what could i do to sort out the problem?

thanks for your time
christos