[vtkusers] linking static parallel lib

Christopher M. Navarro cnavarro at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Thu Jul 10 11:25:16 EDT 2003

I built a recent nightly build with shared_libs off and I'm getting the
following errors when trying to build with libvtkParallel.a

(here are just a few)

/usr/local/VTK/lib/libvtkParallel.a(vtkCommunicator.o): In function
`vtkCommunicator::WriteImageData(vtkImageData*)':
vtkCommunicator.o(.text+0x1c20): undefined reference to
`vtkStructuredPointsWriter::New()'
vtkCommunicator.o(.text+0x1c62): undefined reference to
`vtkStructuredPointsWriter::SetInput(vtkImageData*)'

Any ideas as to what is wrong?  If I remove the inclusion of this library
and any vtk variables that need it, it compiles and runs fine.  Thanks for
any help!

-chris