[vtkusers] vtk and Java : problem when remove a vtkactor to a vtkrenderer or add a vtkrenderer to a vtkrenderwindow

Romain Ollivier Romain.Ollivier at sophia.inria.fr
Tue Jul 8 09:19:00 EDT 2003

  Hi all,

  I've created a class wich extend vtkPanel to use it in a Swing based
application. In this vtkPanel, I want to add or remove actors from the
vtkRenderer like this :

public void removeActor(vtkActor actor)
  {
    ren.RemoveActor(actor);
  }

public void addActor(vtkActor actor)
  {
    ren.AddActor(actor);
  }

  Adding actors works fine but when I remove an actor, my apps freeze
and I get :
                Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x6b7)! (the
sequence is not always the same)

  So i've tried to use multiple vtkRenderers, so that I create a new
vtkRenderer with the actors that I want each time the user want to
delete a vtkActor, remove the old vtkRenderer to the vtkRenderWindow and
add my new vtkRenderer :

public void removeRenderer(vtkRenderer renderer)
  {
    rw.RemoveRenderer(renderer);
  }

public void addRenderer(vtkRenderer renderer)
  {
    rw.AddRenderer(renderer);
  }

But when I'm trying to add the new renderer, I get the same problem : my
apps freeze and I get the unexpected async reply.

I work on a Linux RedHat 8.6 system with JDK 1.4 and VTK 4.2 with java
wrapping

Thank you,

        Romain