[vtkusers] How do I build the examples on the PC?

chunshu chunshu at i2r.a-star.edu.sg
Mon Jul 7 06:01:41 EDT 2003

dear VTK admin:

I am trying to get myself familiar with the domain of Visualization. I have
a book of "the visualization toolkits -- an object-oriented approach to 3D
graphics".
I practice some examples in your book.

I have VTK4.2 with Windows XP OS. When I practice the example Creating
Sphere provided in your websize
http://public.kitware.com/VTK/example-code.php.
But I enountered 2 errors like:

-Configuration: sphere - Win32 Debug--------------------
Compiling...
sp.cpp
D:\opengl\visualization\sphere\sp.cpp(26) : error C2027: use of undefined
type 'vtkProperty'
        c:\program files\vtk42\include\vtk\vtkactor.h(42) : see declaration
of 'vtkProperty'
D:\opengl\visualization\sphere\sp.cpp(26) : error C2227: left of
'->SetColor' must point to class/struct/union
Error executing cl.exe.

sphere.exe - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

I do read your FAQ at Visualization Toolkit FAQ->Platform-specific
questions-> 5.2. How do I build the examples on the PC?

But the errors still are there, can you tell me how to build them?

thanks!

best rgs!

yours

colin lin chunshu