[vtkusers] Copying a DataSet into a DataObject's field data

Matt Zumwalt mz108 at york.ac.uk
Fri Jul 4 15:04:56 EDT 2003

Hi all,
    I'm trying to figure out how to copy the contents of a DataSet into the
field data of an existing DataObject
ie:  I have created a sphere with a resolution of P points, passed the point
data to an external process which returns a whole list of data which is
broken into chunks of P scalar values.  I then read this data into a
vtkDataSet as a set of arrays, each size P.   This DataSet may be used by
multiple different objects and filters.
     Now I want to copy the DataSet's arrays of scalar values to the original
sphere's field data.  What is the best/easiest way to go about this?
     I am working with Tcl at the moment, and looked at creating a
vtkProgrammableAttributeDataFilter which takes two inputs (the sphere and the
new DataSet), but I thought you all might have better ideas.

cheers,
 Matt Z