[vtkusers] VTK with JDK1.3.1_08

R K Shyamprakash ramakrishna.prakash at quest-global.com
Thu Jul 3 06:35:58 EDT 2003

Jeff,
	following is the method where I pick the cell id

	private int getCellId(int x, int y) {
		int cellId = -1;
		cellPicker.SetTolerance(0.00001);

		Lock();
		int picked = cellPicker.Pick(x, (getHeight() - y), 0, GetRenderer());
		UnLock();

		if (picked != 0) {
			cellId = cellPicker.GetCellId();
		}

		return cellId;
	}

Now I commented out the Lock/UnLock block. Also instead of calling Render()
I call rw.Render() without the lock/unlock block and everything is working
fine. Since the complete loop gets executed in the event thread I feel its
ok to skip the lock/unlock block. Since the drawing surface was getting
locked and unlocked so many times(in the mouse dragged event once for
picking once for rendering), is it possible that one of the times the unlock
fails and drawing surface remains locked and this resulting in GUI freeze? I
am still not sure of the reason but now everything seems to work fine(I had
a round of regression test).

Thanks
Shyam