[vtkusers] OT - Is it inappropriate to post employment opp. for VTK users on this list?

Todd Baker tbaker at claritysolutionsllc.com
Wed Jul 2 14:58:48 EDT 2003

Hi Will and VTK Users:

    Thanks for your response. Here's the text of what I submitted to our
Human Resources Department. Please respond to: jobs at sharedpetimaging.com

Clarity Solutions is a software company providing leading-edge medical
imaging and visualization solutions to the clinical community in a
cost-effective, flexible and intuitive package.

Because of our success in this area we are seeking team members with the
advanced skill set and real-world experience to help us expand into new
areas and to build on our current product offerings.

We have the unique advantage of being backed by 20 years of solid
medical imaging experience and success as well as having the flexibility
and feel of a start-up company. It's the best of both worlds. A good,
solid place to work with strong financial backing, great benefits and
job security combined with a creative environment that allows us to be
true innovators in our field.

Clarity is looking for software engineers that understand the difference
between high-tech, gee-whiz eye-candy and real-world usability and
practicality. At the same time we strive to be technical leaders and
therefore require an extensive background in clinical imaging and
visualization.  It will take more than the right credentials to get on
this team.

Applicant Requirements:

-         Strong educational and work background in the clinical imaging
and visualization field.

-         In-depth knowledge of common Radiology and Nuclear Medicine
modalities and image formats.

-         Minimum of M.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics
or other "hard science."

-         Bulletproof skills in C++ and OO design and implementation.
(must be able to demonstrate previous applications relevant to our
needs.)

-         Ability to function with minimal supervision.

-         DICOM experience is very valuable.

-         Experience using Qt a big plus.

-    Experience with OpenGL and / or DirectX preferred.

-         Hands-on experience using imaging and visualization frameworks
such as:

           - The Insight Toolkit for Segmentation and Registration (ITK)

           - The Visualization Toolkit (VTK)

            -     Ability to function in a team environment (must play
well with others).

Todd Baker
Project Director - R&D Lead Developer
Clarity Solutions, LLC