[vtkusers] Setting camera orientation/angle problem

de Boer Ingo I.deBoer at polytec.de
Wed Jul 2 06:44:19 EDT 2003

Hi,

I have a problem in setting the orientation angles. It seems, that the
camera does more or less what it wants. My function is like this:

ViewCameraSetAngles(float fElevation, float fAzimuth, float fRoll)
{
 float *angles = m_pvtkCamera->GetOrientation();
 float fE = angles[0];
 float fA = angles[1];
 float fR = angles[2];
 m_pvtkCamera->Elevation(fElevation-fE);
 m_pvtkCamera->Azimuth(fAzimuth-fA);
 m_pvtkCamera->Roll(fRoll-fR);
 m_pvtkCamera->Modified();
}

When I want to do something like
ViewCameraSetAngles(0,30,0);
ViewCameraSetAngles(0,-20,0);
ViewCameraSetAngles(0,30,0);
it ends up different all the time. The third position is never like
the first one. I know that I have to think about the order
of setting the values, but I thought this should. Could anybody ligthen
me up, please ?!

greets
  Ingo