[vtkusers] Bug Fixes?

rkumar2 rkumar2 at po-box.mcgill.ca
Tue Jul 1 11:44:49 EDT 2003

Hi All,

I'm using the precompiled binary version of VTK 4.2 for Windows (C++) and am
having problems with using vtkVolumeMapper, vtkVolumeReader and a few other
classes...they refuse to acknowledge the inheritance of vtkObject.  The exact
message when I try to initialize the class and compile is:

Error: 'initializing' : cannot convert from 'vtkObject *' to 'vtkVolumeReader
*'

The same for a few other key classes that I need.

I'm kinda new in VTK, so I would greately appreciate any input (I'm sure the
questions I've asked have been asked before...i couldn't find them in the old
posts though)

Would greately appreciate any help!

Thanks
Rohit