[vtkusers] Error when running vtk examples

wzhou at nakk.co.jp wzhou at nakk.co.jp
Thu Jan 30 03:41:38 EST 2003

Hi, vtkusers,

I grabbed the source code of nightly build for Windows and got no problem to
compile the
whole package. But when I try to run examples, both cxx and Tcl, I always
got an error
message:"Command at ox6961ca98 tried to access the memory at 0x00000000,
that cannot
be read". The addresses shown in the message are always the same.
What'wrong? I tried
the precompiled libraries too, but got same results.

I had the vtk 4.0 installed in my computer before, it worked fine. But now,
even I remove
the nightly build and reinstall 4.0, I still get the error message. I have
tried to find out if
I have more than one copy of vtk in my machine, but it seems not.

Anyone could give a pointer?

Thanks in advance.

Wade