[vtkusers] runtime error under Windows XP

Steffen Oeltze Steffen.Oeltze at Student.Uni-Magdeburg.DE
Fri Jan 31 08:20:27 EST 2003

Dear VTK-users,

I have written an application that uses the vtkVolumeProMapper. The program
automatically checks whether there is a VolumePro-board installed on the
current machine or not by creating the mapper and applying the GetNumberOfBoards
()-method afterwards.
The program works fine on computers where I have unlimited rights. However once
my rights for checking or changing the hardware are restricted I receive the
following error:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error !

Program: ...

abnormal program termination

The error occurs once I call vtkVolumeProMapper *map = vtkVolumeProMapper::New
().

Does anybody have an idea what the problem might be ?

Regards,
Steffen