[vtkusers] vtkCubeAxesActor2D error in Java

Jarek Sacha galicjan at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 30 12:07:45 EST 2003

--- "Gary M. Stump" <gms158 at psu.edu> wrote:
> I am receiving the following error when I place the following line my
> Java code.
>
> vtkCubeAxesActor2D axes = new vtkCubeAxesActor2D();
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: VTKInit
>         at vtk.vtkCubeAxesActor2D.VTKInit(Native Method)
>         at vtk.vtkObject.<init>(vtkObject.java:97)
>         at vtk.vtkProp.<init>(vtkProp.java:114)
>         at vtk.vtkActor2D.<init>(vtkActor2D.java:122)
>         at vtk.vtkCubeAxesActor2D.<init>(vtkCubeAxesActor2D.java:350)
>         at Glyph.<clinit>(Glyph.java:151)

Generally "java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: VTKInit" error indicates that
your program is not loading some of the dynamic (shared) libraries. You
can trace it by looking up from which dynamic library offending native
class is coming from. In this case the native class is
'vtkCubeAxesActor2D'. Easy way to check it up is to go to
http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classes.html
and look up 'vtkCubeAxesActor2D'
(http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkCubeAxesActor2D.html)
Now scroll down to see 'CVS logs', there you can see that class
‘vtkCubeAxesActor2D’ is in module 'Hybrid'. This suggests that you are
missing the Hybrid dynamic library. Load the Hybrid library by adding
following static code (in the area where you declare member variables for
you class).

  static {
    System.loadLibrary("vtkHybridJava");
  }