[vtkusers] Cutting a line from an image and merging lines to get a new image

Matei MANCAS matei.mancas at tcts.fpms.ac.be
Thu Jan 30 11:06:18 EST 2003

Hi all!!

I read a set of tif images and it works well.
I would want now to pick a line (on x or y) in each slice and then merge them to get a new image.

I tested the vtkDisplayExtent on my ImageActor and I managed to pick a line of a slice. But how could I merge them? There is no method for translate the actor, so if I add some lines to the same renderer, they will mask themselves, so you can see only the last one.
If I try to put an actor per renderer and to make a setViewport to relocate the renderers it is not precise : I have a pixel precision with vtkDisplayExtent and parameters going from 0 to 1 for setViewport...

So is there a better way to do this? Perheaps vtkCutter....I would want ideally to have several lines in one renderer and to be able to change lines' position in the renderer to put them together to get a new Image....

I will really appreciate your help!!!!

Matei