[vtkusers] proper fullscreen mode under X

Glen.Coates at csiro.au Glen.Coates at csiro.au
Thu Jan 30 00:38:05 EST 2003

Hi,

I'm trying to wring more performance out of my VTK app by using fullscreen
mode under X.  My desktop runs at 1280x1024, but I'd like to run my app at
something like 640x480.  Doing a ->SetSize(640,480) on my RenderWindow
doesn't do an X mode change (with the flickering and everything), it just
creates a 640x480 window in the top left of the screen, with all the
desktop apps still running in the remainder of the screen.

How do you get the "true" fullscreen mode under X where performance
actually increases?

--
Cheers,
Glen