[vtkusers] [Newbie/CVS] CVS access denied

Jonathan Bailleul bailleul at greyc.ismra.fr
Wed Jan 29 13:21:34 EST 2003

Dear all,

Thanks to the kind indications from Donna, I now would like to access
the CVS source code, but here is what happens:

/users/these/bailleul>cvs -d
:pserver:anonymous at public.kitware.com:/cvsroot/VTK login
Logging in to :pserver:anonymous at public.kitware.com:2401/cvsroot/VTK
CVS password:
cvs login: failed to open /users/these/bailleul/.cvspass for reading: No
such file or directory
cvs [login aborted]: fatal error: exiting

/users/these/bailleul>cvs --version

Concurrent Versions System (CVS) 1.11.1p1 (client/server)

Copyright (c) 1989-2001 Brian Berliner, david d `zoo' zuhn,
                        Jeff Polk, and other authors

I must admit this problem mainly comes from my void knowledge about CVS.
Did I miss something stupid?
Do not hesitate to throw me back to the CVS faq if I deserve, but
otherwise, any help is welcome.

In advance, thanks again for your help.