[vtkusers] WinXP vtk - OpenGL driver (problems)

Alberto Bert abert at mauriziano.it
Wed Jan 29 10:23:46 EST 2003

Hi all,

I'm trying to work on WinXP using vtk-4.0 (graphic card: ATI Rage 128).
I'm not so expert, so please be patient :-)

The native XP driver for the card I have got does not support hardware
accelleration for OpenGL. Therefore I installed the driver specific for
my card, BUT apparently 3D interaction is the same (no improvements)
AND in 2D visualization it is extremely slower.

The application (for 2D vis.) uses the MFC library (GUI) and the
following vtk classes:
ImageMapper
ImageBlend
ImageReslice
ImageReslice
Actor2D
Renderer
RenderWindow
ImageViewer

Is there any option in compiling vtk for switch on hardware accelleration?
Is ti already working?

Thanks in advance,
Alberto