[vtkusers] Re: Installing VTK in SGI Octane 2

Peter Vanroose Peter.Vanroose at esat.kuleuven.ac.be
Wed Jan 29 04:59:12 EST 2003

> ld32: ERROR   33 : Unresolved text symbol "__nw__GUi"
> ld32: ERROR   33 : Unresolved text symbol "__ls__7ostreamGPCc"
> ld32: ERROR   33 : Unresolved text symbol "__ct__10ostrstreamGv"

I don't have an Octane but an O2, but assuming the setup of both is
the same, these symbols should be in /usr/lib32/libC.so which is
the C++ compiler library.  Verify that those symbols are indeed in
there:
nm /usr/lib32/libC.so | fgrep __ct__10ostrstreamGv
should return something like
0ae561c0 T __ct__10ostrstreamGv

Then verify that you link either with CC (the C++ front end), or
otherwise explicitly have "-lCsup -lC -lc" on the link line.

--	Peter Vanroose
	ESAT, K.U.Leuven