[vtkusers] Rendering multiple component volume data

Florian Schmidt mista.tapas at gmx.net
Mon Jan 27 12:41:36 EST 2003

Hi,

i there a way to render Volumes with more than one component?

We are researching on classification of medical volume data, and we want
to try working on classifiers who output multiple component volumes (for
each voxel we'll have multiple values in te range of [0..1]). Now we
would like to map these components to RGB and vizualize them.

As i understand it, vtk supports only single component rendering (which
we use quite succesfully). Am i wrong in this regard?

How much work would it be to extend vtk to get resullts like that?

Regards Florian Schmidt
mista.tapas at gmx.net
http://www.arted.biz/mista.tapas