[vtkusers] Transforming Data but not.... We're getting somewhere !!!

Sebastien Auclair sxa at fluent.com
Fri Jan 24 10:21:28 EST 2003

Hi folks and thanks for the replies !

"tpan" sent me an e-mail explaning why we were having problems seeing
modified dataobjects. (I'am attaching this e-mail)

Basically, if a DataObject, (PART OF A PIPELINE), is modified... the
modifications will be erased since he will call upstream (the DataSource)
for new data.
You can call "Update" or "Modified" as much as you want it will never work
!!!

The way VTK is made, you don't transform Data, you transform "Transformation
Matrix" so that the unchanged data could be displayed differently !

Our problem is that our software is a CAD Application. We don't want to
modify the way data is displayed, we need to modify the data itself.
If i draw a cube and the user click and translate it, i need the cube's
points coordinates to change accordingly.

Now, how can we do that ? (In an efficient interactive, iterative way !....
i.e. MouseEvent loop)