[vtkusers] Transforming Data but not vtkActors ... I FORGOT !

Sebastien Auclair sxa at fluent.com
Thu Jan 23 18:05:03 EST 2003

Sorry for this second message but i forgot something important...

We already know about vtkTransform and vtkTransformPolyDataFilter...
The thing is that we can modify our PolyData with these class but it doesn't
Update the pipeline... the modifications are not visible...

How can we force the pipeline to Update itself up to the vtk instance that
was modified ?

We do something like this :
vtkTransformPolyDataFilter * transPoly = vtkTransformPolyDataFilter ::New();
transPoly->SetTransform(someTransf);
transPoly->SetInput(aCube->m_PolyData); // m_PolyData is a vtkPolyData part
of the pipeline...

aCube->m_PolyData = transPoly->GetOutput();

// The modification isn't visible ... Should we call Update() on something ?

Thanks !