[vtkusers] Vtk compile error

Keldermann, R.H. R.H.Keldermann at student.tue.nl
Thu Jan 23 09:07:17 EST 2003

Hello,

I have installed vtk3.2 and after compiling a simple testprogram from the
vtk site, I got this error:

/usr/local/lib/libVTKGraphics.so: undefined reference to
`XtVaAppCreateShell'
/usr/local/lib/libVTKGraphics.so: undefined reference to `XtAppNextEvent'
/usr/local/lib/libVTKGraphics.so: undefined reference to `XtShellStrings'
/usr/local/lib/libVTKGraphics.so: undefined reference to
`XtRemoveEventHandler'
/usr/local/lib/libVTKGraphics.so: undefined reference to `XtWindow'
/usr/local/lib/libVTKGraphics.so: undefined reference to `XtDispatchEvent'
/usr/local/lib/libVTKGraphics.so: undefined reference to
`XtSetKeyboardFocus'
/usr/local/lib/libVTKGraphics.so: undefined reference to
`XtCreateApplicationContext'
/usr/local/lib/libVTKGraphics.so: undefined reference to `XtOpenDisplay'
/usr/local/lib/libVTKGraphics.so: undefined reference to
`XtToolkitInitialize'
/usr/local/lib/libVTKGraphics.so: undefined reference to `XtAddEventHandler'
/usr/local/lib/libVTKGraphics.so: undefined reference to `XtAppAddTimeOut'
/usr/local/lib/libVTKGraphics.so: undefined reference to
`applicationShellWidgetClass'
/usr/local/lib/libVTKGraphics.so: undefined reference to `XtRealizeWidget'
/usr/local/lib/libVTKGraphics.so: undefined reference to
`XtDisplayInitialize'
/usr/local/lib/libVTKGraphics.so: undefined reference to `XtStrings'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Something has been wrong with the installation I guess, since the libraries
aren't linked correctly. I do not know how to solve this problem. Can
somebody help me?

Rikkert