[vtkusers] Python Examples

William Greathouse william.greathouse at the-greathouses.net
Wed Jan 22 09:24:31 EST 2003

All,

For the last week, I have been experimenting with the vtkNightly
build.  I am particularly interested in the Python bindings, and
want to use the Tk GUI, but I receive a load error from the examples
using Tk.

>From executing "python ImagePlaneWidget.py" in Examples/GUI/Python:

    File "C:\Program Files\vtkNightly\wrapping\python\vtk\tk\vtkTkRe
  nderWindowInteractor.py", line 28, in __init__
      vtkLoadPythonTkWidgets(master.tk)
    File "C:\Program Files\vtkNightly\wrapping\python\vtk\tk\vtkLoad
  PythonTkWidgets.py", line 59, in vtkLoadPythonTkWidgets
      interp.call('load', filename)
  TclError: couldn't load library "vtkRenderingPythonTkWidgets.dll":
  this library or a dependent library could not be found in the
  library path

I am able to run the Python examples that do not use the Tk rendering.
What do I need to build / change to experiment with this?

Thanks in advance,
Bill