[vtkusers] Cross-compiling VTK CVS using CMake

Mumit Khan khan at nanotech.wisc.edu
Tue Jan 21 23:59:24 EST 2003

Is there a document that details how to setup cmake for cross-development?
I'm trying to build i686-pc-cygwin (Cygwin) VTK on a i686-pc-linux-gnu box
using cross-tools, and my lack of cmake guts is getting in the way. This
is of course rather simple using configure, and I'm assuming it's quite
doable with CMake as well.

I've tried the following two approaches, with i686-pc-linux-gnu as the
build machine and i686-pc-cygwin as the host/target machine:

1. Start up ccmake as usual, and then fill in all the values appropriate
for the cross-tools. This does not work as the cmake modules are built
for the "build" host, and is incorrect for the "host" and/or "target".

2. Edit CMakeCache.txt built under native Cygwin, edit the various values
to use cross-tools, and re-configure. That doesn't work either.

Does CMake have the concept for build vs host/target machines?

Regards,
Mumit