[vtkusers] Accelerated graphic card?

Mumit Khan khan at nanotech.wisc.edu
Tue Jan 21 12:57:09 EST 2003

On Tue, 21 Jan 2003, K.R.Subramanian wrote:

> Anybody using the Radeon cards under Linux? Does it work well?

I had a Radeon VE VGA/DVI 32 MB on my RH 7.3 (+ all the updates), which
was quite good for most everything; however there were occasional screen
corruption using VTK (perhaps other OpenGL apps as well, but never really
tested it much), where there would be faint cross-hatches in the lower
half of the viewport. Your mileage may of course vary. Replaced that with
a GeForce 4 Ti400 128 MB (NV25) + nVidia drivers, and all is well now.
Noticable performance increase for 3D as expected.

Regards,
Mumit