[vtkusers] About the vtk pipeline ...

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Tue Jan 21 01:21:11 EST 2003

[snip]

    SA> Now if in this code, we add an observer (AnyEvent) to the
    SA> member variable m_rgrid, will it be triggered if i scale the
    SA> CUBE with the mouse ?

    SA> We need, at some point, to get the same initial minX, maxX,
    SA> etc. but so that they correspond to the new geometric reality
    SA> of the CUBE after being displayed and then potentially
    SA> scalled, rotated, resized etc...  We don't just want to
    SA> display data. We need VTK to help us modify it.

I'd say it depends on how exactly you modify the "CUBE".  Changing a
float array will not trigger any events unless you explicitly call
Modified or InvokeEvent.

Really, the best way to figure out the right approach is to write
sample code in Python/Tcl and then test out your ideas before
implementing it in C++.

cheers,
prabhu