[vtkusers] Culling rendering different following data structure

Patrick Brockmann Patrick.Brockmann at ipsl.jussieu.fr
Mon Jan 20 10:56:33 EST 2003

Hi there,

I am exploring vtkEPSWriter and culling is an important
features not to save back away camera elements.

I have discovered that the property BackfaceCullingOn
is acting in a different way following the data structure I use:
a vtkUnstructuredGrid or a vtkPolyData
I don't understand why.

To illustrate python and tcl codes are available at:
http://dods.ipsl.jussieu.fr/brocksce/vtkculling/

* For a vtkUnstructuredGrid (working as I expected)
vtk Hexa0.tcl
python Hexa0.py

* For a vtkPolyData (opposite rendering feature! FrontfaceCullingOn
will do the same rendering as Hexa0 program)
vtk Hexa1.tcl
python Hexa1.py
and also Hexa2.py

Thanks for any help