[vtkusers] Backface culling in wireframe mode?

Patrick Brockmann Patrick.Brockmann at ipsl.jussieu.fr
Mon Jan 20 10:19:15 EST 2003

>Allan Reinhold Jensen arj at tm-net . dk
>Sun, 21 Jul 2002 21:41:18 +0200
>
>How should I implement backface culling when viewing 3D objects in
>wireframe mode? The actor->GetProperty()->BackfaceCullingOn(); seems to
>have no effect.

from http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2002-July/012491.html

Hi,

Same question about this backface culling feature in wireframe mode.
I  have tested the modification proposed by Goodwin Lawlor in October 2002
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2002-October/014248.html

Is seems to work properly for wireframes but not for polylines.
Does this modification will be integrated officially ?

Patrick

mailto:Patrick.Brockmann at ipsl.jussieu.fr
http://www.ipsl.jussieu.fr/~brocksce/