[vtkusers] Access Violations in wxVTKRenderWindow Example

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Sat Jan 18 21:58:26 EST 2003

    JG> Hello, I'm getting access violations in wxVTKRenderWindow.py
    JG> and wxVTKRenderWindowIteractor.py.

    JG> I get a warning in the VTKOutputWindow:

    JG> ERROR: In
    JG> C:\martink\nightly\VTK\Rendering\vtkRenderWindowInteractor.cxx,
    JG> line 505 vtkGenericRenderWindowInteractor (0x0146EA18):
    JG> SetExitMethodArgDelete was obsoleted for version "4.2" and
    JG> will be removed in a future version

    JG> Is the warning and access violation related? The violation is
    JG> occuring in VTKRENDERING.DLL.

I dont know about the access violation but I've removed the obsoleted
function call in wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor.py, so you should not
have a problem with the message window anymore.  This fix is in VTK
CVS.

I've also been having some problems with placing the
vtkRenderWindowInteractor widget into a wxNotebook.  wxVTKRenderWindow
itself works pretty ok (but seems to crash often) but the interactor
widget does not place itself into the notebook and generates a top
level render window instead.  This is despite all efforts to ensure
that the parent widgets are "Shown" first before the widget is
created.  This is with wxPython version 2.3.2.1.  I have a simple
example that helps demonstrate the problem.  So if someone is willing
to take a look and debug it let me know.

cheers,
prabhu