[vtkusers] vtkCocoa crash, can't compile debug

Chris Scharver scharver at evl.uic.edu
Thu Jan 16 14:45:34 EST 2003

At 8:41 AM -0500 on 01/16/2003, Andy Cedilnik wrote:

>I fixed this problem couple of days ago. Please try with the newest CVS.

Did you fix the CMake bug or the VTK bug? I'm using the current VTK cvs. I managed to use ccmake to get the debug option enabled. The cin::getline issue is indeed an annoying one, as is the problem with command-line non-packaged applications not correctly receiving mouse and keyboard focus. This problem is a verified bug in CoreServices. Hopefully it's one that will get fixed soon. The step of packaging applications to make them behave properly is a tedious one. Anyhow, at least I was able to get better debugging.

4  0x01e4aa80 in __cxa_pure_virtual ()
#5  0x01e1c078 in vtkOpenGLPolyDataMapper::ReleaseGraphicsResources(vtkWindow*) (this=0x41e3f0, win=0x41a710) at VTK/Rendering/vtkOpenGLPolyDataMapper.cxx:83

As for the pure virtual crash, I thought I found the problem when I noticed that several methods of vtkCocoaRenderWindow were not virtual. Fixing them didn't help. It appears that when vtkOpenGLPolyDataMapper::ReleaseGraphicsResources() calls win->MakeCurrent(), the type for win is interpreted as vtkWindow, so there appears to be some kind of typing issue. Maybe the factory isn't initializing the instance properly?

Chris
--
Chris Scharver
Electronic Visualization Laboratory