[vtkusers] Segmentation Fault

David Gobbi dgobbi at imaging.robarts.ca
Tue Jan 14 11:46:50 EST 2003

Hi Dingrong,

Checking 'which vtk' isn't enough, you also need to make
sure that the vtk executable is using the right .so files.
To do that, do
  ldd /data/VTK/bin/vtk  <works on Linux only>
and make sure that all the VTK .so files are being loaded
from the correct location.  If not, then add /data/VTK/bin
to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Also, a big warning about using python-VTK on redhat-7.x:
Most redhat 7.x distributions have python2.1 or python2.2
as well as python1.5.  Sometimes CMake gets either
the python header files or the python library from the
2.x version instead of from 1.5.  Load your CMakeCache.txt
into a text editor and make sure that all references to
PYTHON refer to the 1.5 version of python (or conversely,
make sure they all refer to python2.x and then use python2
to run your scripts).  Changing from one version of python
to another will require a clean re-build of VTK.

 - David
  David Gobbi, MSc                dgobbi at imaging.robarts.ca
  Advanced Imaging Research Group