[vtkusers] Updating render panel

Jeff Lee jeff at cdnorthamerica.com
Mon Jan 13 07:36:35 EST 2003

Greg Buron wrote:

>Hi,
>
>new question.  Ive set up a basic java app which has some actors in a
>render panel.  Everthing is all set up and mouse interactions work and all
>that, but I also have set up some spinners which are going to control the
>camera position.  Ive hooked up the spinners and whenever they change, i
>send a command to change the camera position, but the view doesnt change,
>unless I do something like resize the window, a which point the changes i
>made take effect.  My question is how do i get the render panel to update
>whenever i make a change to vtk virtual world?  is there some kind of
>"update" or "invalidate" function to call to keep the view in sync with
>whats going on?]

If you are using vtkPanel, you need to make the panel render to update
the pipeline.  The easiest/safest way to do this is call repaint() on
the render window.  If you get flashing on your render window, get the
latest vtkPanel out of cvs - I made this work in November 2002, so if
your version is older, you should get the cvs version.
-Jeff