[vtkusers] Mandrake Linux 9.0 -- VTK build problem

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Sat Jan 11 07:53:40 EST 2003

    JL> Hi, I am currently having problems building vtk4.0 on a
    JL> "fresh" install of Mandrake Linux 9.0 (g++ version 3.2).

[snip]

    JL> The source of the problem seems to be that
    JL> vtkXImageWindowHeader.h can't find the X11 headers.  How can I
    JL> get the vtkXImageWindow header to "see" these header files?
    JL> i.e. will I have to modify the vtkXImageWindowHeader.h
    JL> manually, or is it because my build settings are off?

I dont know if this will help but do you have the X11 header files
(Xlib.h etc) installed on your system?   Typically they will be
installed in

 /usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xlib.h

If not you might need to install the rpm for this package.  I dont
know about Mandrake but the package must be a "dev" or "devel" package
related to X11.  Under Debian its called xlibs-dev.

To eliminate the warning message you might want to add -Wno-deprecated
to the CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS.

cheers,
prabhu