[vtkusers] How to Capture Render Time?

Wong WJ wong_wj at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 9 03:46:15 EST 2003

Hi there,

I'm using treeComposite for my program. I am trying to capture the total
time the final display took to appear in the root process.
I tried to use
GetCompositeTime()
GetMaxRenderTime()  in the code provided below
but when the printf result always show 0.000000

  vtkTreeComposite* tc = vtkTreeComposite::New();
  tc->SetRenderWindow(renWin);

  //Generate the pipeline see task1.cxx and task2.cxx)
  vtkPolyDataMapper* mapper = (*task)(renWin, MOLESIZE, filename);

  float timetorender = tc->GetCompositeTime();
  printf("Time to finish render: %f\n", timetorender);

  tc->StartInteractor();

Anyone can help? Tks alot......