[vtkusers] Reconstruction with 2D tiff images

Young ytsemikim at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 8 18:07:25 EST 2003

Hi, vtk users.
I have a question in terms of 3D reconstruction using 2d tiff images.
I have 30 serial rat brain section images(RGB) (from cortex to striatum) taken by digital camera and saved into Tiff file (1392x1040). Then I resize images to 500x374 and rename them (Hfm.01, Hfm.02-----Hfm.30). I tried to load these 30 images and reconstruct a 3D structure. This is Tcl code what I used.

package require vtk
package require vtkinteraction

vtkTIFFReader reader
reader SetFilePrefix "D:/.../.../Hfm"
reader SetDataByteOrderToLittleEndian
reader SetDataExtent 0 499 0 373 1 30
reader SetDataOrigin 0.0 0.0 0.0
reader SetDataSpacing 1 1 3
reader SetDataMask 0x7fff
reader Update

vtkMarchingCubes iso
iso SetInput [reader GetOutput]
iso SetValue 0 255

vtkPolyDataMapper isoMapper
isoMapper SetInput [iso GetOutput]
isoMapper ScalarVisibilityOff

vtkActor isoActor
isoActor SetMapper isoMapper
eval [isoActor GetProperty] SetColor 1 1 1

vtkRenderer ren1
vtkRenderWindow renWin
renWin AddRenderer ren1
vtkRenderWindowInteractor iren
iren SetRenderWindow renWin
ren1 AddActor isoActor
ren1 SetBackground 0.1 0.2 0.4
renWin SetSize 500 500
renWin Render

When I render, I only see just background in rendering window. There is noting in my rendering window. Since I build my own vtk using CMake, I have no problem for using Patented fuction...
Is there any body who can help me.... Please.