[vtkusers] VTK / OpenInventor integration

Chris Scharver scharver at evl.uic.edu
Tue Jan 7 09:59:04 EST 2003

At 7:30 PM +0530 on 01/07/2003, Prabhu Ramachandran wrote:

>    SB> Hi!  For a project I am seeking for a way to integrate VTK in
>    SB> an OpenInventor scene graph. Has somebody done any work on
>    SB> this or can someone suggest a good approach on how to do this.
>
>Dunno if this will help but Paul Rajlich has written a vtkActorToPf
>class which lets you use a vtkActor along with Iris Performer.  Look
>here:
>
>  http://brighton.ncsa.uiuc.edu/~prajlich/
>
>and here:
>
>  http://brighton.ncsa.uiuc.edu/~prajlich/code.html

I've been working on converting the code to work with Inventor. I'm still ironing out some bugs, but with some luck I can post vtkActorToIV within a week or two. I have everything compiling, but running it still reveals some inconsistencies. The current code makes a lot of NodeKits since it was easier to program initially, but for speed I need to strip out the kits and optimize the scene graph some more.

Chris
--
Chris Scharver
Electronic Visualization Laboratory