[vtkusers] point connectivity

Craig N. Scott craig.scott at csiro.au
Wed Feb 26 17:19:50 EST 2003

Sounds like you may want to use vtkConnectivityFilter:

http://www.vtk.org/doc/release/4.0/html/classvtkConnectivityFilter.html#_details

You can extract connected regions and the text in the above link
specifically states that it can be used to color the data by [connected]
regions. Hope that helps.

On Thu, 2003-02-27 at 06:53, Theodore Papatheodorou wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have a polydata structure and I want to identify different bloods with
> different colours. Does anyone know of a way to identify which pieces
> are not connected to each other and give them a different id? Is there
> for example a function that checks to see if two points belong to the
> same object?
>
> Example in 2D:
>
> AAA            BBBBBBBBB
> AAA            BBBBBBBBB
> AAA            BBBBBBBBB
> AAA            BBBBBBBBB
> AAA            BBBBBBBBB
>
> I want object A to be identified as separate from object B since they
> are not connected at any point. In 2D it is easy because one has to loop
> through the pixels. In 3D it gets a bit tricky.
> Any suggestions mostly welcome.
> Thanks for your answer and time.
>
> Theodore

Dr Craig Scott, CSIRO (CMIS)