[vtkusers] bug with multiple render windows?

Nigel Nunn nNunn at ausport.gov.au
Thu Feb 20 15:54:31 EST 2003

Hi Nick,

> I am working on an application that uses multiple render windows
> and have noticed that memory is leaked on each render window
> destruction. VTK's leak detection reports nothing and manual
> examination of object reference counts confirms that my code seems
> to be functioning correctly. I have tried nightly builds from
> 17/01/03 (using cmake 1.4) and 09/02/03 (using cmake 1.6) on
> mandrake linux 9.0.

On or about 16 Dec 2002, I started to get a VC++ assertion and message
(Win32/MFC/VC6:Sp5), when calling m_RenWin->Delete() in a destructor:

   "pure virtual function call"

m_RenWin is a "vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow".  Since I only have at
most three Vtk Views, I just commented the offending line, but it
may be related to the issue you identified.
thanks,
Nigel

Don't miss out on the Our Sporting Future forum, to be held in
Melbourne from March 12-14 2003.  Developed by the Australian
Sports Commission to examine contemporary issues and explore
growth opportunities in sport, the forum will investigate what
needs to be done in sport at all levels to build a relevant,
sustainable and progressive industry in the 21st century.
For more information or to register on-line, go to
http://www.oursportingfuture.im.com.au or call 07 3858 5579.

confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient please note that any form of distribution, copying or use of
this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited and
may be unlawful. If you receive this message in error, please delete it
and notify the sender.

Keep up to date with what's happening in Australian sport.
Visit http://www.ausport.gov.au