[vtkusers] shortest distance between two meshes?

Chen, Elvis anisotropic7 at yahoo.ca
Tue Feb 18 12:03:45 EST 2003

greeting,

sorry for not been more specific in my previous
message.  I'm actually looking for the shortest
Euclidean distance between two meshes, and the two
points (one on each mesh) that define such distance.

To put it into context, given two triangulated meshed
and their associated vtkTransforms, I like to find out
if there are in contact (Euclidean distance of zero),
and where they are in contact.

or perhaps I'm using the wrong approach?

thx,