[vtkusers] new user of vtk

Jeremy Winston winston at cat.rpi.edu
Sat Feb 15 07:09:49 EST 2003

Haiwen Shi wrote:
> Hi, All;
>
> I am a new user of vtk. I just downloaded vtk. However, I couldn't find
> any simple vtk example, like HelloWorld, to let me try the vtk. Does
> anybody know where to find vtk example? Also, I need a software guide to
> learn vtk.
>
> Haiwen Shi

Hi Haiwen,
      Before posting such elementary questions to the list, please
read the vtk FAQ, http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/vtkfaq, and
look around at the vtk home page, http://public.kitware.com/VTK/
Also, the mailing list archives are a treasure trove:
http://www.kitware.com/search.html

There are plenty of examples, in Tcl, C++, Python & Java.  Look in
the Examples directory.

The vtk Users Guide is available for purchase from
http://public.kitware.com/VTK/buy-books.php

The Visualization Toolkit: An Object-Oriented Approach To 3D Graphics,
3rd Edition, will be available on or about Feb 24, also at the above URL.

HTH,
-Jeremy