[vtkusers] interrupt the vtkRenderWindowInteractor?

Steven.Aston at tessella.com Steven.Aston at tessella.com
Fri Feb 14 07:02:48 EST 2003

Hello,

I am new to  VTK, so please be patient with this question.

I have written a small application in Java (1.4.1) which has a swing GUI
which runs in the main thread and a vtkRenderWindow (using vtk 4.0) which
runs in a separate thread.  These windows are displayed simultaneously.  I
would like the user to be able to interact directly with the image in the
render window via a vtkRenderWindowInteractor (which works) but also allow
the image to be manipulated from elsewhere, such as being automatically
rotated on  a button press from the GUI (which doesn't work, unless a
window resize is also invoked).

I understand that the interactor has its own event loop, so simply updating
the active camera angle of the renderer and calling render doesn't work
because this is outside the interactors event loop.  How should I go about
interrupting or adding to the interactor, is this a question of adding an
observer? I would very much appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

This message is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended for the
addressee(s) only. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorized
and strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please
inform the sender immediately.

TESSELLA   Steven.Aston at tessella.com
__/__/__/  Tessella Support Services plc
__/__/__/  3 Vineyard Chambers, ABINGDON, OX14 3PX, England
__/__/__/  Tel: (44)(0)1235-555511  Fax: (44)(0)1235-553301
                    www.tessella.com
                    Registered in England No. 1466429