[vtkusers] Re: vtk picking

Malcolm Drummond malcolm at geovision.co.za
Fri Feb 14 02:40:54 EST 2003

Sorry Paul - I wasn't saying you should use this method, I was saying that
the problem I suspected should have been taken care of, as it appears this
method is called.

I think you must spend some time tracking the exact behaviour of the
problem - you say sometimes when you pick above the actor you get a hit - is
this at the extreme top of the window or does the mouse distance from the
top correspond to the actor distance from the bottom? Is the X value always
correct (ie is it picking somewhere on a vertical line through the mouse)?
This would go a long way to tracking your problem down.

Also, what version are you using? and do the picks work OK in the sample
scripts?

Malcolm