[vtkusers] Re: About your vtkGLUTesselatorFilter !

Malcolm Drummond malcolm at geovision.co.za
Thu Feb 13 13:45:57 EST 2003

> I finally got the vtkGLUTesselatorTriangleFilter to work but what would
your
> class do different ?

My class added methods to set the WindingRule, BoundaryOnly and Tolerance
properties. The GLU tesselator can do more than just triangulations (it can
do unions, intersections etc.) but you need access to these properties -
like I said, it's all in the OpenGL programmers guide. The extra
functionality poses a problem when it comes to deciding how to pass cell
data - so I left this out, thinking that developers would use this filter
within other filters (eg. programmable filter when scripting) and employ
appropriate strategies themselves.

> It doesn't compile on VC++ win2K complaining that on line 25 (cxx)
....error
> C2059: syntax error : 'string'
> And some others errors probably resulting of the first one.

I worked with the nightlies of 17 Jan and a whole bunch of includes were not
required - so I removed them. If you paste back the includes from the
original vtkGLUTesselatorTriangleFilter it should be OK.

#include "vtkGLUTesselatorTriangleFilter.h"
#include "vtk_iostream.h"
#include "vtkPolygon.h"
#include "vtkTriangleStrip.h"
#include "vtkObjectFactory.h"