[vtkusers] Errors compiling on MacOS X 10.2.3 with Java wrapper

Carlos Martínez Burgos cmarbur at iti.upv.es
Wed Feb 12 04:17:16 EST 2003

Hi again.

OK, I have changed CMakeCache.txt as you recomend. Now building process
finish without errors but other problem arises.

I try to run the wrapping examples from "Wrapping/Java" directory. The
compilation gets no errors but when I try to run them, an exception is
thrown. This exception is thrown because .jnilib files can't be found.
Then I make a symbolic link to *Java.dylib on "bin" directory. Then I try
to run the programs and this exception is not thrown but when the frame is
shown, no interaction is possible. I can't rotate, pan or zoom the view.

Then I try to run the examples from "Examples/Tutorial" directory, wich
don't use vtkPanel. They run OK, but when I run "Step5" example, wich
uses an interactor, I can interact with it. I have tried something and
have notice that when I press the "Mac key" and move the mouse the
interaction is done (rotation, pan, zoom) using a combination with SHIFT,
CTRL and ALT. Even so, no keyboard interaction is allowed.

I don't what is the problem. Do you know somethig about it? Could it be
solved if I use Cocoa instead of Carbon? Could it be solved if I use X11
from Apple? What is the installation process in this case? Should I
disable Carbon and Cocoa and enable X11 or is there something more?

Thanks in advance again.

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003, Peter J Carr wrote:

> Here is my setting for the java awt library from my CMakeCache.txt:
> 	JAVA_AWT_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=-framework JavaVM -framework JavaEmbedding
>
> - Peter Carr
>

> On Tuesday, February 11, 2003, at 06:32 AM, Carlos Martínez Burgos
> wrote:
> > 7. Run "ccmake" to enable Java wrapper.
> >    I get some errors referring to some unknown variables to compile
> > with
> > Java. These variables are (JAVA_AWT_INCLUDE_PATH, JAVA_INCLUDE_PATH and
> > JAVA_INCLUDE_PATH2). I set these variables to these values (on
> > CMakeCache.txt file):
> >     - JAVA_AWT_INCLUDE_PATH:
> > /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaEmbedding.framework/Headers
> >     - JAVA_INCLUDE_PATH:
> > /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Headers
> >     - JAVA_INCLUDE_PATH2:
> > /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Headers
> >
> >    (When I edited this file, I saw another unknown variable that I
> > think
> > could cause the problem. It is JAVA_AWT_LIBRARY. Look at attached
> > file.)
> >
> > 8. Build VTK ending with this error:
> >
> > Building shared library
> > /usr/local/src/VTK/bin/libvtkRenderingJava.dylib...
> > ld: Undefined symbols:
> > _JAWT_GetAWT
> > /usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
> > make[3]: *** [/usr/local/src/VTK/bin/libvtkRenderingJava.dylib] Error 1
> > make[2]: *** [default_target] Error 2
> > make[1]: *** [default_target_Rendering] Error 2
> > make: *** [default_target] Error 2

Carlos Martínez Burgos      |     Instituto Tecnológico de Informática
Ingeniero Informático       |      Universidad Politécnica de Valencia
Tlf: +34 963877237          |                        Camí de Vera, S/N
cmarbur at iti.upv.es          |                   46071 Valencia - Spain
www.iti.upv.es/~cmarbur     |                           www.iti.upv.es