[vtkusers] MarchingCubes linking problem

Seema Jaisinghani seemri at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 11 00:02:58 EST 2003

Hi,

I rebuild VTk and replaced the marchingcubes.obj in my
project with the one that was created in the
vtk/bin/patented/debug folder after the rebuild..it
seems that I got rid of the marchingcubes link error
but these are showing up..

I would appreciate if someone could explain the right
process

thanks
---------
Linking...
   Creating library Debug/test.lib and object
Debug/test.exp
LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib "MSVCRTD" conflicts
with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
LINK : warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol
""public: static class vtkMarchingCubes * __cdecl
vtkMarchingCubes::New(void)"
(?New at vtkMarchingCubes@@SAPAV1 at XZ)" imported
vtkMarchingCubes.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved
external symbol "public: virtual void __thiscall
vtkObject::PrintTrailer(class
std::basic_ostream<char,struct std::char_traits<char>
(?PrintTrailer at vtkObject@@UAEXAAV?$basic_ostr
eam at DU?$char_traits at D@std@@@std@@VvtkIndent@@@Z)
vtkMarchingCubes.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved
external symbol "public: virtual void __thiscall
vtkObject::PrintHeader(class
(?PrintHeader at vtkObject@@UAEXAAV?$basic_ostrea
m at DU?$char_traits at D@std@@@std@@VvtkIndent@@@Z)
vtkMarchingCubes.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved
external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) class
std::basic_ostream<char,struct std::char_traits<char>
> & __cdecl operator<<(class
std::basic_ostream<char,struct std::char_traits<char>
> &,class vtkInden
t &)"
(__imp_??6 at YAAAV?$basic_ostream at DU?$char_traits at D@std@@@std@@AAV01 at AAVvtkIndent@@@Z)
vtkMarchingCubes.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved
external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: virtual
void __thiscall vtkSource::PrintSelf(class
std::basic_ostream<char,struct std::char_traits<char>
> &,class vtkIndent)" (__imp_?PrintSelf at vtkSourc
e@@UAEXAAV?$basic_ostream at DU?$char_traits at D@std@@@std@@VvtkIndent@@@Z)
LIBCD.lib(wincrt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved
external symbol _WinMain at 16
Debug/test.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 5 unresolved
externals
Error executing link.exe.