[vtkusers] How to enlarge the extent of vtkImageReslice?

Chunyan Jiang jiang at Telematik-Institut.de
Fri Feb 7 06:19:33 EST 2003

Dear vtk-users,
I use the vtkImageReslice to get the slice of one data volume. I use the
following code.

	vtkTransform* transform=vtkTransform::New();
	transform->RotateX(X_degree);
	transform->RotateY(Y_degree);
	transform->RotateZ(Z_degree);

	vtkImageReslice *reslice=vtkImageReslice::New();
	reslice->SetInput(Data);
	reslice->SetResliceTransform(transform);
	reslice->InterpolateOn();
	reslice->SetBackgroundLevel(0);
	reslice->GetInput()->SetUpdateExtentToWholeExtent();
	reslice->GetInput()->Update();

Because the extent of the output is one rectangle, in some cases, the
reslice is showed in this area, however, in the other angle, the reslice
will not be drawed in this rectangle area wholly. The part which beyonds the
rectangle will be cutted. How can I set a bigger area in order to draw the
whole reslice in any case? I tried the reslice->SetOutputExtent(....). But
it didn't work.
Please give me a suggestion to solve it. It is urgent. Thanks a lot!

Chunyan

Chunyan Jiang, Dipl.-Inform.,
Institut for Telematic
Bahnhofstrasse 30-32, D-54292 Trier, Germany
Phone: (+49) (0)651-97551-34
Fax: (+49) (0)651-97551-12